The Building Division of Development Services is responsible to ensure that residential, commercial, and industrial buildings are constructed to meet local and state codes. A building permit is required to build, remodel, or add a residential building, business, shed, fence, etc.
- Applications are available on line here or at the Development Services office located at 439 W. Utah Avenue.
- Inspection requests may be made by calling 801-465-5204/5214.
- Inspection requests must be made 24 HOURS in advance. This does not guarantee next day inspections. Be prepared to give the permit number, address, type of inspection, contact name and number. Job sites must be ready for inspection by 8:30 am the requested inspection day.
- Residential. The front yard and front-side yard on corner lots require landscaping to be installed prior to a final inspection. If due to inclement weather, the landscaping cannot be completed prior to final inspection, a sum, as determined by City Council, to complete the landscaping must be placed in escrow or bonded for at a period not to exceed June 1st of the nearest calendar year.
- Commercial. All landscaping is required to be installed prior to final inspection.
All lot corners must be marked prior to any inspection.