The Planning and Zoning Division ensures that the big picture and the future of the City is considered. The City Planner and Planning and Zoning Specialist ensure that the City has a plan of how to develop those areas that are currently empty fields or that are being farmed. The number of homes per acre that can be sustained by the City is developed and zones are created to give a variety of home types and places for people of all incomes to live in our great City. The planners also make sure that our community looks great and require business’s meet certain requirements and standards so that our community looks great and encourages others to move here and develop other business’s.
The Payson City Planning Division provides a number of services to the community and general information to the public. The Planning Division coordinates, reviews, and processes land use requests as outlined in the Payson City Code. For additional information please contact the Development Services office at (801) 465-5204, Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm.
- Predevelopment meetings are held on Mondays beginning at 8:30 a.m. every 30 minutes and review conceptual development issues. These meetings are with the city engineer, city planner, infrastructure superintendents, and department heads. Staff suggests scheduling a meeting prior to any type of development whether commercial or residential. Please call 801-465-5204.
- Click here for Development Services Applications and Forms
- Final Plat Example - Information Required on a Final Plat
Long Range Planning:
- General Plan | document | map | Economic Vitality Element | Housing Element | Moderate Income Housing Report | Environmental Element | Community Heritage and Historic Preservation Element |
- Area Specific Plans | East Side Comprehensive Plan | South Meadows Specific Plan | Bamberger Ranch P-C Zone Plan
- Special Studies | Four Bay Management Plan |
- South Utah County Active Transportation Plan | South Utah County Active Transportation Plan|