Welcome to the Payson City Justice Court
439 West Utah Avenue
Payson, UT 84651
Judge David C. Dahlquist
If you are interested in traffic school please call the clerk at 801-465-5210. Do not pay your citation online.
Online Payments option: Click here
Office Hours: Monday- Thursday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm Friday 7:30 am - 11:30 am
For more information, you may contact the Clerk of the Court at:
801-465-5210 or the fax # 801-465-5223
For information on Utah Courts please refer to the Administrative Office of the Court's web address at www.utcourts.gov
You must appear at Payson Justice Court within 14 days from the date of your ticket to determine if you are eligible for a traffic school option. DO NOT pay for your ticket online.
Eligibility is based on your driving history. The clerks at the justice court will not be able to approve you for traffic school if you have any of the following conditions:
- Previous plea in abeyances/convictions for moving violations in the past 6 months.
- You currently have an active plea in abeyance agreement with the Payson Justice Court.
- Citation is for an alcohol related offense.
- Citation is for a reckless driving offense.
- Citation is for careless driving.
- Citation was for speeding that exceeds 20 mph over the posted limit or if your speed was double the posted limit.
- Citation requires a mandatory appearance before the judge.
- More than one moving violation on the same citation.
- If an accident is involved.
If you are determined eligible the clerk will assist you with a plea in abeyance agreement. You will be required to pay the cost of the ticket and for traffic school.
Payson City offers an on-line option for $60.00.
Payson Justice Court has jurisdiction over small claims cases if the defendant (person being sued) resides in Payson City or the debt arose within the Payson City limits.
The fee to file a small claims case is:
$60 if the claim is less than $2,000
$100 if the claim is for $2,001 – $7,500
$185 if the claim is for $7,501 – $11,000
Link to small claim instructions and forms: click here