Victim’s Advocate


Payson City
439 W. Utah Ave.
Payson, UT 84651
(801) 465-5200


The Victim Advocate Program Coordinator for Payson City is Ms. Ruthie Pedregon. Ms. Pedregon can be reached at (801) 465-5224 or you may contact her through the comment section below.

Protective Order Information

If you are a victim in a domestic violence case, you may be entitled to have a protective order (sometimes referred to as a “no-contact order”) issued by the court. There are two general types of protective orders—criminal and civil:


Criminal Protective Orders: A criminal protective order may be issued in any criminal case involving domestic violence. This is usually addressed at the defendant’s first court hearing, but a request for a protective order can be made at any stage of the case. These orders may remain in place as long as the criminal case is open and are automatically dismissed when a criminal case is closed, which may occur after a defendant completes probation, charges are dismissed, or if the defendant is found not guilty at a trial.


Civil Protective Orders: A civil protective order is not related to a criminal case and can only be ordered by a district court. An individual who has been the victim of domestic violence can file paperwork with the court requesting a civil protective order. Once a civil protective order is issued, the order must be served on the individual listed in the order and the court may hold additional hearings to amend or modify the terms of the order. There are no fees for filing a civil protective order or to have the order served.

Protective Orders Online:

  1. Go to
  2. Create an OCAP account.
  3. Look under “Case Types” and click Protective Orders/Stalking.
  4. Fill out the forms and save your information.
  5. E-file forms with Provo 4th District Court at or print and deliver the forms to the Provo 4th District Court at 137 N Freedom Blvd. Provo, UT 84601.


Information about e-filing a protective order can also be found at the Utah Courts website:

Resources and Referrals

Utah Domestic Violence Information Line

(Confidential & 24 hours)

1-800-897-LINK (5465)


Woman & Children in Crisis Shelter

24 hours/ 7 days a week

Emergency Housing

(801) 377-5500


Utah Legal Services

Legal Assistance and Assistance filing Civil Protective Orders

(800) 662-4245


Timpanogos Legal Center

Legal Assistance and Assistance filing Civil Protective Orders

(801) 649-8895


Utah County Family Justice Center

(801) 851-8508


VINE- Victim Information and Notification Everyday

Custody Changes/Release Notification

(877) 884-8463


Crime Victim Reparations

Assists victims of violent crime with medical/dental expenses, therapy/counseling, funeral/ burial expenses, wage loss etc.

(801) 238-2360



Please enter your name.
Please enter a subject.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Please enter a message.