- Recreational fires are permitted year round unless they create an objectionable situation or restrictions have been implemented.
- Keep 25 ft. of distance between the fire pit and any structures and/or other combustible materials.
- Fire pit should not exceed 3 ft. in diameter.
- Have an on-site means of extinguishment for the fire.
- If the fire becomes a nuisance to neighbors, it will need to be extinguished.
- Fire needs to be constantly attended by an adult.
- Owner/operator is liable for any fire damage resulting from the use of the fire pit.
- Make sure the fire is completely out. NO SMOLDERING FIRES!
- Recreational fires are not for burning trash, garbage, leaves, or hazardous items.
If you have any questions, please call Payson Fire & Rescue at 801-465-5252