Tour of Utah 2018 - Payson Stage 2
On August 8, 2018, Payson City Memorial Park will be transformed into the start and finish line for Stage 2 of the Tour of Utah.
Payson City Memorial Park will be filled with activities for all ages as well as food vendors and entertainment. Admission is free and is open to the public.
As we begin the countdown to the August 8, watch the Payson City Website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for trivia contest, volunteer opportunities, road closures, course details, and up to date information.
We hope you will be able to Save the Date and join us on August 8 for a celebration you won’t want to miss.
What is the Tour of Utah? It is known as “America’s Toughest Stage RaceTM” and features some of the best professional cycling teams in the world.
The Tour of Utah has a Summer of Cycling program. It is a four-month cycling training program designed to get you ready to ride in “America’s Toughest One-Day ride”—The Ultimate Challenge presented by University of Utah Health. This all-inclusive program includes group training beginning in March, entry into three of the best local organized riding events throughout the summer, access to four Ride with the Pros events, a Tour of Utah cycling kit from DNA Cycling, and more! Please visit the Tour of Utah from more information.
Follow Us on
National Anthem Auditions
As part of the Opening Ceremony for the Stage 2 of the Tour of Utah, the National Anthem will be sung by a resident of Payson or one of the surrounding communities.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send a 2-minute video clip of you singing the National Anthem along with your full name, mailing address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2018. We will then choose three people to audition live on July 17, 2018 at 3pm at the Payson City Banquet Hall (439 West Utah Ave, Payson).
Countdown to the Tour of Utah
Payson City is Counting Down to the Tour of Utah on August 8 with weekly Trivia questions and random drawing for a Tour of Utah grab bag. Links to the Trivia questions are available on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Tour of Payson - Fun Ride
- We will do 1 lap (2.4 miles).
- Ride starts and stops on the same finish/start line as the TOU at Memorial Park.
- Time: 1:30 – 2:00 pm
- Age Limit: Open to everyone ages 9 and up.
- Helmets: Helmets must be worn at all times while on your bike. Only helmets approved by the US Consumer Product Safety commission (CPSC) should be used.
- Chin Strap: Helmets must have Chin straps. Chin straps must be buckled at alltimes when on a bicycle. DO NOT unbuckle your chin strap unless you are offyour bicycle.
- Bikes: Mountain & Road Bikes Only! No Scooters, skate boards, roller blades, or motorized vehicles. Check your equipment. Before riding, inflate tires properly and check that your brakes work.
- Time Limit: Riders must complete the course within a 1 hour time limit.
- Course: All riders are required to follow the prescribed course and to stay within all coned lanes. Cyclists must obey all applicable traffic laws at all times.
- Road Hazards: Be on the lookout for hazards such as potholes, broken glass, gravel, puddles, leaves, and dogs. All these hazards can cause a crash. If you are riding with friends and you are in the lead, yell out and point to the hazard to alert the riders behind you.
- Headphones: Headphones, headsets, walkmans, ipods, mp3 players, or personal audio devices, etc. are not to be carried or worn at any time during the ride.
- Abandonment: All personal equipment and belongings taken out onto the course must stay on the ridder the entire time. No garbage, clothing, etc. shall be thrown on the course.
- Respect: We ask everyone, when riding to have respect for their fellow riders and other road-users.
- FUN! Let’s not forget that we do this because we love cycling. So let’s ride with smiles on our faces and give a cheery “hello” to others while spreading the fun to everyone else.